Pages

Monday 28 January 2013

Natillas with caramelized pineapple

It’s 28th yet, the last day to submit our proposal for “Memòries d’una cuinera”, and as usual, I am late. This month proposal is natillas, and it could not be more accurate, they are perfect for these cold and rainy winter months and even better if they are just made.

I have never understood the reason for not to eat desserts or other when they are just made, before being chilled: bread for example, I remember when I was a child and I could not eat warm bread because, as it was said, it could be difficult to digest; or when my mother made natillas or custard and I had to wait for them to be cooled. Honestly, there are many desserts which taste better while they are warm…These natillas are the best example. 




To join this soft natillas, I caramelized some canned pineapple slices from a Christmas present I still had. It adds an interesting contrast to the sweet natillas. 

It is an easy recipe, just as all I bring here. 

Ingredients:

- 0,5l milk
- 75g granulated sugar.
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon cornflour 

- Pineeapple
- 1 lemon juice
- 50g sugar

Beat the yolks, sugar and milk and put it in a saucepan. Add the vainilla and slowly heat it while constantly stirring whith a woodspoon. Add the cornflour and let it thick, but not to much. Set aside and put in small bowls. 


To caramelize pinneapple, put the water and sugar in a saucepan and let it heat until turnes golden brown colour. Add the pinneapple slices and stir until combined. Spread over natillas carefully. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...