Pages

Friday 8 February 2013

Berry mascarpone cupcakes








It has been a while since I last made cupcakes, the last were the beer and lemon cupcakes from last summer, a very fresh recipe perfect for the Barcelona hot summers. These days, I find myself feeling like being spring yet, and I can't wait to have those long, sunny and warm days from april or may. I love spring, as well as winter, but I don't know why this winter feels too long to me.

I used all the time last weekend gave me to stay in the kitchen as much as I could. I woke up early in the morning, as I am used to during week days, took a peacefully coffee at the cozy corner coffee shop, and I came into the kitchen: cupcakes, burger buns and bread for all week. I had already taken photos when it was an appropriate hour to go out and enjoy fresh air, so I really exploited time.

Today's recipe is not only the result of having frozen berries and mascarpone near the expiring date in the fridge and of my aim to use everything I buy before having to throw it away, but also to try a low-butter cupcakes recipe, as the batter is made with sunflower oil (and not too much) and the frosting is made of mascarpone. They were totally delicious and I really feel I have found the perfect basic recipe for cupcakes batter as it results very soft and fluffy. They certainly help to endure these last days of winter.




Berry mascarpone cupcakes

- 2 eggs
- 140g white sugar
- 120g flour
- 40ml sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 50ml milk
- vanilla extract

- 200g mascarpone
- 30g de mantega
- 2 tablespoons berries puree
 - 60g caster sugar






Preheat the oven at 180º. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs with the sugar until lightly white and thickly, add the milk, the sunflower oil and the vanilla extract and combine.

In another bowl, mix the flour with the baking powder and start adding it slowly to the wet ingredients bowl.  Whisk together until well combined. Divide the batter among the cupcake molds and bake them for twenty minutes or until they are golden brown. Let them cool completely before frosting.

For the frosting, cream together the mascarpone with the room-temperature butter, add the powder sugar until there are no lumps. Add the berries puree and combine until it's a smooth cream. You can refrigerate until cupcakes are completely cool, or if you think it is too runny.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...