Pages

Tuesday 22 January 2013

"Cabell d'àngel" rolls



This was a recipe/excuse to practice the french kneading method, which I talked about in this bread recipe (in catalan) and of which you can find many videos and information on the net which will help you learning about it. I am still learning, waiting for the moment in which I will be able to knead fastly and with some grace, but I start feeling devotion for this man and I already have their books in my wish list.

I have adapted this recipe from here, which is the cinnamon rolls recipe so famous in some countries, especially in the United States. I changed ingredients to be able to use olive oil instead of butter and “cabell d’àngel” instead of cinnamon and butter (I have tried to find the translation for “cabell d’àngel” and it seems like it does not exist in English, so I would thank if someone knows how it is, or whether it exists). Cabell d’àngel, which literally means angel’s hair, is a type of sweet jam made from pumpkin pulp and sugar which is used as filling in some cakes.

This recipe is the last one of my “pendent to publish” recipes list made during my Christmas holidays at home. Days go by, and Christmas holidays are already far from here, but I still can remember the taste and smell of all recipes I made during that days and I still can remember the smell of the rosemary I picked up during the walks with my mother, which I miss so much.


For the dough:

-          500g flour
-          45g olive oil
-          15g fresh yeast
-          75g sugar
-          Salt
-          225ml warm milk
-          2 eggs

For the filling:

-          Cabell d’àngel
-          Cinnamon

Mix flour, yeast, sugar and salt in a bowl and whisk it together. Add the eggs and milk and mix it up until well incorporated. Pour on the board and start kneading the dough using French method until it is perfectly done and soft. Let it rest for two hours.

Flour the board, pour the dough and roll it out into a rectangle in which we will spread cabell d’angel all over the dough. You can also sprinkle a bit of cinnamon over the dough and roll it up. Cut into slices with the dental floss (not minty!) and let it rest for forty more minutes before baking them during twenty or thirty minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...