Pages

Monday 4 February 2013

Grapefruit bundt cake



I don’t know the reason for not having a free time to cook or write here during this week. Maybe it’s because I am a bit exhausted mentally and I don’t find a moment for it. Maybe it’s because I don’t like the photos of this recipe, made in a hurry and without natural light. The fact is days have gone by without writing. 

I discovered this bundt cake mold in the kitchen cabinet. This may happen when you are sharing a flat... I didn’t know we had it, if I had known that I would have used it before, but when I saw it, I couldn’t resist. This was the perfect office breakfast for  a Monday morning.  

In addition, I had some ecologic grapefruit and some poppy seeds from the citrus cake, so this was an invented recipe which did not disappoint.. 







There are some tips we should know before making a bundt cake:

-   It’s totally necessary to grease the bundt pan before baking if we want to be able to unmold it properly.
-   Before unmolding, let it cool for ten minutes.

-         150g sugar
-         180g flour
-         8g baking powder
-         Grapefruit juice
-         50ml sunflower oil
-         3 eggs
-         Orange and grapefruit zest
-         Poppy seeds
-         cinnamon

In a bowl, mix the sugar, the flour, the baking powder, cinnamon and poppy seeds. Meanwhile, in another bowl, whisk together the eggs with the sugar. Add also the juice, the sunflower oil and the zest. Start combining the flour mix with the eggs, mixing properly before adding more flour. Bake the batter for 25 minutes at 180º degrees. Let it cool before unmold. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...